- How do I?
- About Us
- Be Involved
- Books, Music, and Movies
- Discover, Investigate, Grow
- Beloit and Beyond
- AudioCon 2017
Pay a late fee
Patrons are liable for any fees/fines associated with their account, and on accounts of patrons 17 and under for whom they are legally responsible. Fines are paid at the Check-Out Desk and are charged for each day that Beloit Public Library (BPL) is open. Maximum fines are $5.00 per item with no overall maximum fine limit per BPL card. A BPL card may not be used for checkout when fines reach a total of $10.01 or greater.
If you have questions about fines or overdue notices, please visit the Check-Out Desk or call 608-364-2911.
- All feature movies, Vagabond Bears, and eReaders are $1.00 per day.
- All Jackpot items are $.50 per day.
- All other: Adult, JUV, and YA items are $.20 per day.
- Items from another Arrowhead Library System (ALS) member library vary.
- Interlibrary Loan items are $1.00 per day.
Fines may be paid at any of the ALS member libraries unless the accounts have been sent to collections or Municipal Court.
Currently, an overdue notice is sent out (via email OR phone) once an item is two weeks overdue. A second, final and billed, notice is sent (via mail) once items are four weeks overdue; additionally, accounts are then subject to Municipal Court citations or collection agency intervention.